Friday, August 16, 2013

Thump Thump.....Thump Thump.....Thump.....Thump.....Aw, Crap

I'm planted on the couch, right now. I was in the process of picking up the counter and bringing it up to the house. I did receive the polishing drums, yesterday, and I finished the curves, around the sink opening. For those who are unfamiliar with the Fongderosa, we have two and a half acres. The house sits on a hill and the shop is down below. I made a cradle for the slab from 2X8s so I can lift it without damaging the concrete. I pulled the tractor up to the table, secured chains to the cradle and picked it up. It was all the little John Deere could handle and I had to prop the loader up with a pole so all the weight on the bucket wouldn't push the bypass valve open. Then I felt that familiar feeling as I went into atrial fibrillation. CRAP!!!. I did manage to get the tractor, and it's cargo, up the driveway and safely to the back door. I should be OK in a few hours, or tomorrow morning at the latest. I did, also, manage to get the raised panel blanks, for the lower cabinet doors, glued up prior to the "incident". I hope to build the cart, that I will use to transport the counter from the back door to the kitchen, tomorrow. If all goes well, we should have the entire counter and cabinets done in three or four weeks. I'm getting pretty exited. Everything that goes in, lately, has really made a difference in the overall look of the room. It has taken, so far, about as long as I figured it would. I have no over blown sense of my capabilities and I knew, from the get go, that this wasn't going to be a weekend project.

No comments: