Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Prime Directive

The frame in primer. I did a bit of molding around the neck, the swing arm mounts and the rear frame gussets. I'll let it sit for a few days to finish drying and shrinking and then the lacquer goes on. The engine/trans are cleaned and detailed to LaFong standards. I replaced all of the bolts that I could with stainless socket head cap screws and those little snap in chrome caps. I got a new chrome intake manifold (thanks Stan) and stainless 12 point bolts from ARP. The fuel system is done, the clutch and shifter are very close, a couple of hours work and they'll be done. A few more welds and the swing arm will be done also. This will leave the rear fender that I have to widen and a modification to the tank that will be the subject of a future post.

No comments: