Monday, January 28, 2013

I just about finished this pantry door today. The upper part will get a frosted glass window. I will try to frost it myself with my sandblaster and some tape to mask off the word, "PANTRY". After some research, it seems HVAC foil tape works well as a sandblast resist. Stay tuned for a follow up tutorial on glass frosting or on how to ruin a 40 dollar pane of glass. You can see the old cabinets to the left and where I have removed some of the tile. They are getting pretty shabby and it will be a relief to finally haul the last of it to the landfill. The next phase will probably be the removal of this cabinet and building the new one up to the stove. Once the old one is out, I can install the drywall on the outside of the pantry and get it all buttoned up. We will then be faced with buying a new range. That will be the most expensive part of the remodel, unless I screw up and burn the house down.

No comments: